They refer to it as their summer princess, we cite it as one of the best gastronomic delights of summer. Gabriele Muro, Executive Chef of Adelaide Restaurant of Hotel Vilòn created his latest dish dedicated to this season. For the whole summer, he proposes a full healthy meal served in just one plate.
Called ADElight, the dish is composed of black venere rice bordered by thin slices of avocado then topped with various seafood and summer vegetables.
It is a unique dish that highlights the black venere rice, one parent of which was referred to as the emperor’s rice or forbidden rice which was once cultivated in China for the sole consumption of their emperor, celebrated for its high levels of antioxidants and nutritional values. Combined with avocado, a treasure chest of monounsaturated fats, with the addition of the benefits of seafood and other summer vegetables, ADElight meets the nutrient demands that our bodies need – proteins, carbohydrates, antioxidants and different kinds of vitamins. It’s a powerhouse of nutrients that is not only super healthy but also commands visual attention when served on the table.
Chef Gabriele Muro also provided his ADElight recipe which can easily be created at home.
For this special dish, Hotel Vilòn’s bar lady Magdalena Rodriguez concocted her original mocktail called Ella, a refreshing and energizing non-alcoholic drink aromatized with everlasting flowers.
Throughout the summer season, ADElight and Ella will be offered for lunch at Adelaide at a very reasonable price of €30 which also includes water and coffee.
Adelaide Restaurant is Hotel Vilòn’s restaurant located on its ground floor. It is a cozy place, rich in personality and style serving reinterpreted traditional cuisine by Executive Chef Gabriele Muro, a young chef from the Italian island of Procida who has had extensive kitchen experiences in significant restaurants in Switzerland and Spain before heading Adelaide.
Makes 4 servings
250 grams black venere rice
1 kilo fresh cuttlefish, cleaned
1 heart of celery, julienned
4 zucchini blossoms
1 lemon, zest
5 mint leaves
Mixed vegetable sprouts
Extra virgin olive oil, as needed
Salt, to taste
Pepper, as needed
1. Cook the black venere rice with water for 40 minutes. Once cooked, drain then season with the extra virgin olive oil, salt and lemon zest.
2. With the use of a sharp knife, peel off the skin from the cuttlefish then cut slice them to diamond-shapes.
3. Over high heat, in a non-stick saucepan drizzled with extra virgin olive oil, sautè the cuttlefish first then followed by the prawns. Season with the mint, salt and pepper.
4. Cut the avocado in half then peel and remove the pit. Place it horizontally, flat on a chopping board and cut into 3 mm. slices.
5. With the use of a pastry mold ring placed at the center of the plate, press tightly the rice inside, then remove the pastry ring. Wrap the rice on the sides with the avocado slices. Arrange the cuttlefish and prawns on top of the rice. Garnish with the zucchini blossoms, sprouts, zucchini, carrots and celery.