The Nardone Nardone Winery was founded in 2006 in Irpinia, in the area of Taurasi. Having grown in the vineyards, Mimmo carries on the work started by his grandfather Domenico and his father Vincenzo by making wine produced in their land. He aims to achieve excellence in the quality of the wine he produces and represent the traditions and qualities of territory where his wine is born. The vineyards are located in the production areas of three DOCG areas the Campania region: Fiano di Avellino, Greco di Tufo and Taurasi.
The Greco di Tufo 2017 DOCG of Nardone Nardone has a lovely intense and delicate nose of crispy green pears and peaches, summer flowers and mineral tone that intermingle with the fruity aromas. The distinguishable acidity with a defining sapidity lingers long in the palate. It’s a perfect crispy wine that can be enjoyed with the Mediterranean flavors of spring vegetables. The characteristics maintain well throughout the journey of enjoying the bottle with the caprese salad and grilled asparagus dressed with lemon, extra virgin olive oil, salt, oregano, chive blossoms and olives.
Grilled Asparagus With Lemon, Chive Blossoms and Olives
- 500 grams asparagus spears
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 2 tablespoons pitted green olives
- Fresh chive blossoms
1. On medium heat, in a stove top griddle, grill or non-oiled saucepan, lay the asparagus spears side by side until cooked through.
2. While the spears are cooking, prepare the dressing in a small bowl by mixing the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper. Taste and adjust.
3. When the spears are cooked and still warm, transfer them to a serving bowl then add the olives and the dressing. Mix well then sprinkle the chive blossoms.
Azienda Vitivinicola Nardone Nardone
Via dell’Industria – Frazione Dentecane
83030 Pietradefusi (AV), Italy
Tel: +39 0825965378